Friday, November 27, 2009

Help with new Windows Live Messenger?

In the new windows live messenger which has replaced msn messenger how can I make it so that you can right click on the taskbar icon (with the main window closed) and only see your online contacts to send a message to like in the old version? In this one all my contacts come up alphabetically with the online ones just shaded green.



Help with new Windows Live Messenger?windows mobile



Yes I know it is a very annoying setup...and I do not think there is a way around it. I have tried numerous times, playing with the settings and all. Although, what I found was, by changing how I view my contacts to seeing their email address, and then clicking on the icon, and searching for that person (if i knew their email) it did work a bit better. To change how you view your contacts, go "Contacts" %26gt;%26gt; "View Contacts By" and then click on email address. The only problem with this is in the IM screens, their name is now their email address, and ruins the idea of personalised display names...Although having said all this, with the new version, you can send offline messages, which is useful...I hope this has been of a little bit of help...not a very good answer but oh well. :D



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment