Friday, November 27, 2009

My windows live messenger is acting weird.?

Hi there people. My windows live messenger is like really weird. Ok here's what happen. Today after I logged onto msn, after a few minutes, my virus-system thing just pops up and says "Virus blah blah(The virus is just random number and words)" and I select "Delete virus". After that those chat box appear one by one and it types messages on its own and sent people files(I do not have those files I dont know how it sent) and I believe those files contains virus, so just to be safe, I tell people not to accept the files I sent. I don't know how to fix it, I tried everything I know; search for virus, re-install msn, ETC. And my friends think its done be hackers. This started happening today after my friend "Victoria" sent me a file call "Summer2008" I believe it's a virus because the names are kinda the same when my msn "auto-sent" the file but she said it was pictures, I thought it was weird because she types perfect when she said "its my pictures" So please help me, please I beg you.



My windows live messenger is acting weird.?windows defender



It's not a virus - but a worm. More information (inc. how to get rid of it) is here:



http://www.cisrt.org/enblog/read.php?128



You should be careful when accepting files with the extensions .zip or .exe - you should always scan these first, and make sure you know exactly what they will do to your computer, even if they appear to come from your best mate.



Don't just rely on virus scanners and anti-spyware. They're only as good as yesterday's news. The best protection you have against viruses and worms is your own good common sense - just don't click on that .zip or .exe file unless you are 100% sure it's safe :)



My windows live messenger is acting weird.?windows updates internet explorerA .rar file is similar to a .zip file You need to get your registry cleaned. Re-starting will not help. Report It


My only suggestion would be to contact a local computer repair expert. They have cleared off many viruses that i had on my pc.
so afte you deleted it - you should have immediately shut down then restarted.



now shut down your computer



restart in safe mode



run your virus scan



when it is done...shut down adn restart again



you should be good to go after this.



good luck
You should also consider installing a software firewall if you haven't already. It will monitor all ingoing and outgoing network traffic so you can tell if something is out of the ordinary. If that doesn't work, seek a professional.



Zone Alarm has a good, free firewall program you can download.
Yes sounds like you have a virus.



Make sure your virus software is up to date, if you don't have one get one as soon as you can.



You can download Windows One Live Care and use it free for a few weeks.



(http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/d...



For the future install a good firewall and don't open ANY attachments from anybody without first checking if they sent you something. Close down MSN and don't log in again until you have cleaned your machine, also keep an eye on your email check to make sure you have not sent any messages to people you didn't want to

No comments:

Post a Comment